Twitter is introducing another interesting new feature: professional accounts, a modality that companies and brands can take advantage of, and which content creators can use to increase their presence on the social network. Creating a professional Twitter account is a free and reversible process.
A professional Twitter account also brings another benefit to users: it allows them to be the first to access upcoming features, such as the new Twitter Shopping tools. It’s worth considering creating an account, isn’t it? Let’s look at who can create one and how it’s done.
How to have a professional Twitter account?
By now you are probably wondering if you too can have a professional Twitter account. In fact, not all users can get one, as Twitter reserves this account format for “professional” users. And what does Twitter mean by professional? For the social network, professionals are all those people who use Twitter solely for business purposes.
In order to obtain a professional Twitter account, the platform indicates the following requirements to be met by the user:
- Your profile must be complete, including an account name, biography and profile picture.
- The account must clearly reflect your identity in the user’s professional profile, with a clearly legible name, and imitating fake identities, whether of a person or a brand, is prohibited. Likewise, it is not allowed to identify with animals or fictional characters, nor to give it the function of a “parody account”.
Steps to open a professional Twitter account
Once you have made sure that you meet the above requirements, you must follow the following steps when requesting a professional Twitter account:
- Go to the profile settings and scroll with the mouse until the “Switch to professional account” section appears. Another option is to expand the Twitter sidebar from the home page when using the social networking app and look for the “Twitter for Professionals” option.
- Select the “Get Started” option and choose a category for the professional account. Select between “Business” or “Creator” account. Then click on the “Next” button.
Once you have done all the above, you will have made the transition to a professional Twitter account, and you will be able to access the different options that appear at the end of the menu, such as:
- Customise the profile: possibility of enabling and updating the professional category.
- Selection of topics to follow: review the lists of topics and follow the one that is relevant to the brand or business.
- Promote a tweet: an option to get information quickly and launch a campaign.
In case you want to recover your personal Twitter account after creating a professional account, you can do so in the following way:
- Enter the profile and select the option “Edit profile”.
- Choose the option “Edit professional profile”.
- Click on the option “Change account type”.
- Select the type of account you want to change in the options menu.
It is that simple and practical. Let’s hope it proves to be just as effective. And you, would you like to create a professional Twitter account?