Before the completion of the August 2022 Helpful Content Update on September 9, Google announced the launch of its second core algorithm update this year, the September 2022 Core Update. The announcement took place on September 2 through Google’s Twitter account. As you know, those from Mountain View only announce important, special updates, or those that affect the core of the algorithm.
At the time of the release of this new update, there was some buzz in the world of SEO. Driven by the overlap with the August useful content update that hadn’t been fully developed yet. Google usually explains that they do their best not to overlap such important updates, and this situation has caused quite a bit of suspicion. Especially not seeing any major changes prompted by the new useful content update. This has caused many people to wonder if the reason for the overlay was not to hide the true effects of the first update. As expected, Google has rushed to quell the rumors.
September 2022 Core Update, the second this year
The September 2022 Core Update comes four months after the May 2022 Core Update, a medium-impact update that ended in early June. Much earlier we had the November 2021 Core Update, important but not so impressive, especially if we compare it with the double update that we experienced during the summer: July 2021 Core Update + June 2021 Core Update, an explosive cocktail that left us with an “unforgettable” summer. .
Main data of this update
- Name: Google September 2022 Broad Core Update
- Release: September 12, 2022 around 11:25 p.m. m. ET
- Roll-out: With a development forecast of one or two weeks, it finished being implemented on September 26.
- Objectives: Analyze all types of content
- Penalty: It is not a penalty, it promotes or rewards great web pages
- Global: This is a global update that affects all regions, in all languages.
- Impact: Google has not indicated what percentage of queries or searches will be affected by this update, but so far, it appears to be a typical core update that is wide in scope and quick in impact.
- Discover: Major updates impact Google Discover and other features, also introduce snippets and more.
- Recovery: If you’re affected by this update, you’ll need to review your content and see if you can improve it using Google’s core update tips.